Finding a quiet hotel room
In recent years, many hotels have claimed the title of quiet. But how are they exactly different that they deserve this title and other hotels don’t?
Firstly, they use quite a lot of different strategies to keep the hotel as quiet as possible. Of course, there’s always the old “Can you keep it down, sir” but some hotels use more complex ways of dealing with this. There are certain hotels that are actually very high tech, using different machines to block out noises, which sometimes play the sounds of nature like rain or waves. Some sell ear plugs and sleeping masks in their lobby. Some use special architecture which blocks out all the noise, like masonry blocks which are full of foam that blocks sound. Some are far away from roads and cities. But they all have one thing in common. They offer the most quiet stay you can find.
One of the quietest hotels in America is the Seattle’s Hotel 1000. Here, the employees of the hotel won’t knock on your door if you are asleep. How would they know that, you ask? They have special sensors which can scan the room and tell them if you are sleeping.
Quiet hotels have been on the rise of popularity for some time now, and you can probably tell why that is so. People lead very busy lives today. They are stressed out with work, kids, and financial problems. They are looking for a way to get out of all the stress. And they sure aren’t looking for a vacation where they can’t sleep from the noise. If you are feeling this way, be sure to check out some quiet hotels that are near you. But even the quietest ones can’t always block out all the noise. You need to come prepared if you don’t want to face a nasty surprise. The ways that are mentioned in the following paragraphs are something you should surely stick too if you want a quiet, relaxing stay.
- Be sure to take some earplugs with you. They can help you if unexpected noises come up.
- Do your research. Don’t take a hotel that’s on a busy road or where there are a lot of people. And also a very useful tip is to stay away from rooms near ice machines as they create a lot of noise. Elevators are bad too. Make sure that there are no ceremonies like weddings scheduled.
- A good alternative, although not obvious, are airport hotels. You might think that the aircraft create a lot of noise, but these hotels are built so that they block out most of the noise. Such a hotel is the Grand Hyatt DFW.
- Make sure all the alarms in the room are turned off. You don’t want a strange alarm waking you up in the middle of the night.
- When you get to the room, try to stay as quiet as possible to make sure there are no small noises. If you hear something, fix it. It may be something that’ll wake you up if you don’t take care of it.
This article was written by Milan Budimkic of webtravelmarket.com